This post is another excuse to mention and help you all use Fr. William Most’s amazing textbook series Latin by the Natural Method.
I highly recommend making the lists of vocabulary words in your notebook as he suggests in the Teacher’s Guide. I certainly advocate using idea-mapping when studying each lesson. And I also think using flashcards is great! So below you will find links to printable flash card sets for the first five lessons of Latin by the Natural Method, Vol. 1:
(Print DOUBLE-SIDED, and use CARDSTOCK for best results.)
- Lesson 1 (Three sheets of paper, twenty-four cards)
- Lesson 2 (Two sheets of paper, fourteen cards)
- Lesson 3 (One sheet of paper, eight cards)
- Lesson 4 (Two sheets of paper, sixteen cards)
- Lesson 5 (One sheet of paper, seven cards)
- Lesson 6 (One sheet of paper, eight cards)
- Lesson 7 (One sheet of paper, eight cards)
- Lesson 8 (One sheet of paper, seven cards)
- Lesson 9 (One sheet of paper, six cards)
- Lesson 10 (Two sheets of paper, sixteen cards)
I’d love to know if these help you out, and if there are any tweaks I can make to engineer them to be even more useful. Feel free to comment or use the contact page to let me know!